How much focus do you put on your mental health on a day-to-day basis? Mental health affects your feelings, your thoughts, and your behavior, so having good mental health is important to your overall health and wellness. October includes World Mental Health Day on Oct. 10, making now the perfect time to start prioritizing your mental health. To help you accomplish that, Natural Radiant Life has created a Wellness Challenge, happening Oct. 5 through Oct. 31, 2021. Ready to give your mental health a boost? Here’s how you can participate.
What is NRL’s Wellness Challenge?
Our Wellness Challenge is designed to encourage you to practice self-care regularly to help improve your mental health and bring awareness to the importance of making mental health a priority. In the upcoming weeks, we’ll encourage you to participate in a variety of challenges meant to help achieve these goals. Every day from Oct. 5 through Oct. 31, we’ll announce that day’s challenge on Instagram and Facebook. Challenges include activities like spending time outside, trying a new recipe, getting some exercise, and much more. Participants who complete a challenge and document it on social media using the required steps will be entered to win a wellness kit from Natural Radiant Life.
How to enter the Wellness Challenge
To participate in the Wellness Challenge, check our Instagram and Facebook page every day to see that day’s challenge. Then, take a picture during that activity, post it to your Instagram page, and tag @naturalradiantlife. You can have a friend take a picture of you performing the activity, you can set up a tripod and take a timed photo, you can take a selfie, or even show what you see while doing the activity! Each time you participate in a challenge and tag us, you’ll be entered into a raffle to win one of four wellness kits.
Win fun prizes
Every week, we’ll randomly choose a winner from the Wellness Challenge entries. The winner will receive a wellness kit full of Natural Radiant Life products to soothe their skin and support their self-care efforts. Whether or not you win a wellness kit, all Wellness Challenge participants are winners, as the daily activities can help you create healthy habits and support good mental health.
Wellness Challenge topics
What kind of challenges can you expect from our Wellness Challenge event? There will be a variety of activities to do, including indoor activities and outdoor activities, tasks you can do by yourself or with friends, activities that benefit your physical health as well as your mental health, plus activities to help improve other people’s mental health too! Ready to get started? Check out the list below and start planning your activities!
- October 6th: Step outside for fresh air and take a few moments for yourself
- October 7th: Schedule time in your day for a self-care activity that helps refill your cup
- October 8th: Find a healthy recipe you have been meaning to make, and make it tonight!
- October 10th: (World Mental Health Day) Utilize an app such as Calm to breathe for a few minutes
- October 11th: Establish a morning skincare routine
- October 12th: Make sure to drink plenty of water today
- October 13th: Clean out the clutter
- October 14th: Lift someone else today and give them a word of encouragement
- October 15th: Share a skincare tip that you live by
- October 16th: Create a goals list
- October 17th: Try out a healthy recipe you have been meaning to try
- October 18th: Establish an evening skincare routine
- October 19th: Make time for movement
- October 20th: Do yoga to start your day
- October 21: Get to know your customer day - Tag us and tell us atleast one thing about yourself :)
- October 22: Schedule in time for a self-care activity today
- October 23: National Make a difference day - how can you/will you make a difference?
- October 24th: Have a mini spa day at home
- October 25th: Make time for your skin today
- October 26th: Take the stairs today
- October 27th: Show us or tell us about one hobby that you enjoy
- October 28th: Create a goals list for yourself
- October 29th: Create a gratitude list
- October 30th: (20% off - Scary good deal) 2-day sale
- “Support your radiant skin goals with this scary good deal – take 20% our products!
- Stretch throughout the day
- October 31st: Brightening DUO - relate to Pumpkin
- Schedule in time to go on a walk
We’ll also be going live throughout the month to talk about skincare routines and how they can be used as part of your self-care routine, so be sure to keep an eye out for those videos!
Why is mental health so important?
When we think about health, we often focus mostly on physical health, but mental health is important, too! More than 50% of people in the United States will be diagnosed with a mental illness or disorder during their lifetime. Mental health can impact physical health; depression, for example, increases your risk for physical health issues like heart disease, diabetes, and stroke. Physical health can also impact your mental health, such as how chronic conditions can increase your risk for mental illness.[i] Having good mental health may help you better cope with stress, feel happy or optimistic, be more productive at work, feel like you’re part of a community, and more.[ii] Making your mental health a priority can help keep you mentally and physically healthy.
About Natural Radiant Life
At Natural Radiant Life, we want to help you look and feel your best every day. We aim to accomplish this by creating skincare products that are clean, organic, and effective to help you proudly show your outer and inner radiance. We make our products using organic, natural, wild-crafted ingredients to help skin maintain a healthy balance and to achieve visible results that last over time. Our products are safe, non-toxic, and Leaping Bunny Certified.
From cleansers to moisturizers to serums and more, we’ve got everything you need for soft, smooth, nourished skin from your nose to your toes. Click here to learn more about our products.